This is a recipe perfected by my grandmother in which we cook and mix our ingredients in a wok and serve with long leaf lettuce.
– 1 head of long leaf lettuce
– 1 lb ground pork
– 8 shitake mushrooms (diced)
– 3 oz smoked oysters (diced)
– 1 bulb of garlic (diced)
– 1/4 cup chicken stock
– 1/2 head of onion (finely diced)
– 8 oz of bamboo shoots (diced)
– 4 preserved duck eggs (diced)
– 5 Tbsp corn starch
– 1/2 Tbsp Salt
– 1 Tbsp white pepper
– 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
– 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
– 2 sprigs of green onions
– 1 Tbsp sesame oil
1. Lightly oil the wok and cook ground pork in medium high heat until lightly brown.
2. Drain the water from the pork and add in diced garlic and onions.
3. Cook for approximately 5 minutes and add in bamboo shoots.
4. Toss well while slowly adding corn starch and chicken stock.
5. Add salt, white pepper, smoked oysters and cook for 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
6. Lower the heat and mix in hoisin and oyster sauce and cook for another 5 minutes until the mixture is thick.
7. Add in preserved duck eggs and sesame oil and mix well.
8. Remove from heat and serve.
9. Place mixture in peeled long leaf lettuce.
Total Time :
Prep Time :
Cook Time :